Searching...

Jailev's Intense Skin Peeling Kit With Scar Remover Cream Review

4:46 PM
Skin Peeling seems to be popular these days. Getting rid of your old skin reveals newer, softer and whiter ones. I've been seeing a lot of advertisements from different online shops who offer skin peeling kits but never really paid attention to any of them until I came across ones from Jailev's Body Care.

The past few months, I've been so harsh with my skin. My job requires me to go out the field and expose myself to dangerous rays of the sun. This left my skin darker than ever before. In order to address this and to also remove some insect bite marks, I decided to try Jailev's Intense Skin Peeling Kit With Scar Remover Cream. :)


The kit includes:
  • Concentrated Oil
  • Soothing Hydrocort Cream
  • Peeling Solution
  • Petroleum Jelly
  • Scar Remover Formulated Cream
  • Kojic Papaya Soap
  • Detailed Instructions (not in picture)
How to Use:
  • Wash the skin with mild soap and pat it dry.
  • Apply the peeling solution in an upward motion using a cotton swab in one coat. Make sure that every inch of your skin is coated evenly. Leave the peeling solution for around 15 minutes then reapply the solution up to two times more. 
  • Apply the concentrated oil the same way as #2 (3x with 15 minutes interval); this is to achieve maximum and uniform shedding of skin.
  • Coat the entire skin with petroleum jelly to keep the skin moisturised. Leave it on overnight and rinse off in the morning with a mild soap.
Peeling should start on Day 5 and may last up to two weeks.

  • After the peeling, apply the Scar Remover Cream on dark scars. This could be done once a day.
  • Kojic Soap may be used 1-2weeks after the peeling to help slough off tiny dead skin.

Review:

I was a bit disappointed at first when I received the products. I couldn't believe that I paid 2, 980php for this kit. I thought there was some kind of "special or secret product" in it which made the kit so pricey. I guess I got too excited in buying it that I didn't think twice. Nevertheless, I tried to let it go and went on to test the products and if it would live up to what it claims.

Container / Packaging: Rating (3 out of 5stars): | The products came in a carefully packed plastic container when shipped. However, it is noticeable that it is not sturdy enough to fully protect what's inside. There were damages on the container and if the courier hadn't been so careful, the Peeling Solution might have been broken. Perhaps Jailev's Body Care should use a more reliable container for their kits.

The packaging on the other hand, is good enough. There's clear label on each product and expiration date is visible. Contents can be easily scooped out. I just have issues on how they packed the peeling solution. There are spillage tendencies --- plus, it's on a glass bottle which might shatter into tiny bits if you drop it.

Ease of Use: Rating (3 out of 5stars): ☆ | It takes a while to finish application of the products. Imagine waiting for 15 minutes before applying another layer? It's a total of an hour and 15 minutes. Aaarrgh.  If you are not patient enough, you might just abandon the idea of continuing. lols. Anyway, that's just how it is. :)

Effectiveness: Rating (4 out of 5stars): | I would say that the combination of these products is great. It really peeled my skin evenly and revealed a whiter and softer one. See for yourself:


It may look painful here and all but the actual peeling is actually not! I started peeling on Day 5 and I think it only took 4-5 days for it to finish.

Side Effects: Rating (2 out of 5stars): | I said that the peeling itself wasn't painful, right? But during and after the application of the solution, I would say that everything was itchy and felt like burning. If you cannot stand it, it is okay to wash the area with tepid water and apply the soothing cream. There was also redness for a few days. I don't know if it's an expected side effect but I developed some kind of edema on my legs too. 


Price for Value: Rating (2 out of 5stars): ☆☆ | As I've said earlier on this post, at 2,980php, I think that the price of the kit is not so reasonable. You can buy individual products at a much cheaper price. I didn't even get a bigger size of petroleum jelly that could last for at least two sessions. The Kojic Soap is only 1 bar. Perhaps the only product in the kit that could make the price that high is the peeling solution or the concentrated oil. 

Overall Experience: Rating (3 out of 5stars): ☆☆☆ | All in all, I would say that this kit is still worth a try. It really does live up to its claim to peel your skin effectively. Just be prepared to endure the pain it'll cost you financially and physically. :p 

Would I repurchase? Perhaps if they'll lower the price a bit in the foreseeable future! hohoho! :) 

In a nutshell, Jailev's Intense Skin Peeling Kit With Scar Remover Cream is an effective kit that comes in a hefty price. If you are willing to spend that much to get better skin in the comforts of your home, you won't be disappointed in trying it out.

Important Note: In case you want to try using this kit, be sure to diligently follow the instructions that come along with it. We all have different skin types so what worked for me may not work for you and vice versa. If any unusual thing happens, consult your doctor immediately.

Disclaimer: The writer purchased this kit with her own hard-earned money and didn't receive any compensation by writing this review. The write up is 101% honest opinion and purely based on her experience in using the products. The writer's intention is to provide information and is not recommending anything to anyone. Try it at your own risk.

Subscribe via Email:

Delivered by FeedBurner

2 comments:

  1. Hello.. I was tempted to buy Jailevs scar peeling remover set wayback 2010 I think. And I personally visited their place in Arry plaza, unfortunately when I went there it was closed and I kept texting their number while I was there but no reply. I asked somebody in the gym beside but they dont know the proper opening time of the Clinic? I came from QC and I traveled down to their place just to buy the item and it was so frustrating and disgusting, knowing it was closed. The clinic itself was not appealing. Its look like a small parlor in a remote area. But still I wanted to try their product. Though like you I am still hesitant to buy because of the amount. I have a few childhood scars and still it annoy me. Do it really helps remove scars? Thanks for this review. Your comment would help me decide if I would pursue buying their product again. Maybe this time thru Lazada. THANK YOU.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I would say that the kit really helps in making the scars less visible since old skin is peeled off. Deep or darker scars may take 3 or 4 sessions to lighten. I was able to use the kit for two sessions since I only applied it on my legs. The price is a real turn off [-( talaga. :-b

      Delete